Lifestyle Camper Trailers - aftersales service

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 27, 2007 at 20:06
ThreadID: 47177 Views:3895 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Evening all,

there are always lots of negative stories about products and dodgy manufacturers floating around, so I thought I'd take the time to offer some praise. No affiliation - just happy customers

On our recent trip around the centre we had a couple of weld problems with our trailer. Nothing was structural, but we lost a tailgate hinge on the Plenty and had a broken stone guard somewhere between Mungerannie and B'ville.

John from Lifestyle was great over the phone at the time: reassuring, no worries - get it repaired and we'll reimburse etc.

Today we took the trailer in to the factory for a new stone guard and a proper weld repair on the hinge and got the most fantastic service my wife and I have ever received. Not only were the two mentioned items done in the 2 hours we had it there, but they also replaced the tool box lid (it had a stone dent), the pinch weld seals on both the tailgate and the toolbox , did a full grease etc of the trailer, checked the bearings, replaced some grease nipples and even replaced the jockey wheel. This was way above and beyond what I would have considered good service. John even gave us some $$ to go and get lunch while we waited.

John and the crew at Lifestyle ..my hat's off

Cheers
David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Greydemon (WA) - Thursday, Jun 28, 2007 at 13:15

Thursday, Jun 28, 2007 at 13:15
If only all businesses were like that. The smart ones realise that word of mouth is invaluable, especially when it becomes 'Virtual word of mouth' on forums like this.

The actual cost to them in terms of time and materials would not have been huge and will (hopefully) come back to them many times over from repeat/new custom.

On the other hand - the rip off merchants are their own worst enemy. We had an appalling meal and treatment at a hotel in Kalbarri once, I posted the details on the website of the company I work for (2000 WA readers) and know from replies that at least a dozen families avoided eating there - so what did it cost them for being so rude and unhelpful !

NOTE: This was about 5 years back, the hotel staff has almost certainly changed by now, do not take this as advice to continue to avoid them! (Though I do).
AnswerID: 249656

Sponsored Links